John | Jun 2, 2021 |
By Garrett County Joint Information Center Team
The Garrett County Health Department will no longer be using the MEDCO Building for COVID-19 vaccinations. All clinics for COVID-19 vaccinations will be conducted at the Garrett County Health Department locations in Oakland and Grantsville, or at specially scheduled community clinics. Unless otherwise announced, both Johnson and Johnson and Moderna vaccine will be available.
Persons interested in COVID-19 rapid and PCR tests are still able to have them completed at the MEDCO Building from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays through June 17th. Persons with COVID-like symptoms may be tested at the Garrett County Health Department on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Call 301-334-7697 to schedule an appointment.
June vaccination clinics will be held from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Health Department sites:
• Oakland – June 8, 16, and 29
• Grantsville – June 11, 18, and 25
Community Clinics scheduled in cooperation with FEMA will be held from 12-6 p.m. at:
• Bloomington Fire Department – June 2
• Friendsville Fire Department – June 3
• Eastern Garrett Fire Department – June 4
• Crellin Community Center – June 5
Additional Community Clinics scheduled in cooperation with the Maryland Vaccine Equity Task Force will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at:
• Kitzmiller Community Center – June 5
• Friendsville Fire Department – June 12
• Grantsville Medical Center – June 19
For more information about COVID-19 call the Health Department COVID-19 Hotline at 301-334-7698.